About the ITC Distance Education Leadership Academy
Planning for the future and motivating a team to join you along the way are the hallmarks of a successful leader. Incorporating hands-on and scenario-based experiences under the guidance of nationally-recognized eLearning champions, the ITC 2020 Distance Education Leadership Academy will build on the American Association of Community College's six designated leadership competencies to expand your leadership skills. Participants will return to campus with an individual learning and leadership plan!
Who Should Attend
- Distance education directors and program managers
- Faculty and professors with a new distance education leadership role
- Academic leaders responsible for distance education
- Instructional designers and technologists with leadership ambitions
- Leadership Styles and Strengths—My Role as a Leader
- Keeping Current with Teaching and Learning Innovations
- Student Success and Distance Education Leadership
- Visioning and Creating Strategic Plans
- Data-Informed Decision Making
- Influencing Campus Dynamics to Build Your Program
- Other Hot Topics and Opportunities
- Identify your personal leadership strengths and recognize effective practices when working with others.
- Align your efforts to analyze an institutional culture and to overcome roadblocks.
- Identify effective advocacy models for your institution.
- Articulate effectively with your program stakeholders
- Develop a personal leadership plan for moving yourself and your institution forward in the changing environment of higher education.
- Analyze data through case studies to formulate correct assumptions.
- Construct effective strategies to inform and evaluate your local decisions.
- Explore options for keeping abreast of innovation.
- Discover options for leading others through discovery, adoption and change.
- Conceptualize success strategies and construct college eLearning models
- Analyze a college eLearning program and construct a strategic planning framework to support student preparation, success and completion.